Friday, September 2, 2016

DIY Lunchables

Sometimes I think it is easy to see when I don't want to wake up in the mornings. Because those mornings look alot like this. The home version of a lunchable. All the lunches I make i have written in my book by category. Protein, Dairy, Fruit, Veggie and Grain/Fat/snack. This is about as basic as it gets. Crackers, cheese rounds, ham rounds, pickles, grapes and 2 small plums, veggies were carrot sticks and snap peas. I am sure you are begining to see a pattern as well on my sons favorite vegetables. Which are broccoli, cauliflower, celery (only when it has peanut butter) snap peas, carrots and green beans, occasionally cucumbers and very rarely tomatoes. He likes others as well but these are this favorites. His snack on this day was not pictured but it was a small bag of almonds and cashews.


There is never leftovers when he takes a meal like this to school. I am likely to be making this once a week and peanut butter at least once a week as it is super easy when I am just too tired or running late, or when it is just plain requested. Plus it makes for easier clean up and if there is leftovers they normally get eaten in the car on the way home from school. Another reason for this simple lunch which is more and more likely to be on Fridays from now on, is Friday he has half day which means he eats a bit earlier and less time. This is a nice grab and go for this day as its just throw in a box and give a big kiss!

No comments:

Post a Comment