Monday, September 12, 2016

Sight Words and Sandwiches

Monday actually had a great start and I am excited that I was able to get the games finished that I wanted done. Lunch today was Fruit Kabobs with blue, rasp and strawberries, pineapple and grapes, veggies were snap peas and tomatoes which all came home. In the push pop containers are 6 mini pb&strawberry jam sammies and the handsome little penguin you see there is hoarding frozen strawberry yogurt, underneath the Tupperware is a stick of mozzarella cheese as well. The only thing to come back was the veggies. It was alot of food today though as I packed snack as well of veggie sticks (chips) and some date balls.



This is what I had been working on though. I traced and cut out what felt like a million circles and then laminated them for Markers, and I cut out 100 rectangles to make mini flash cards and laminated them after writing the 1st 100 sight word list that was sent home with my minion. Then I used square adhesive labels and stuck them on card stock in groups of 10 and laminated those. Since they are laminated I can now use these cards for just about anything. Math equations, shapes, color, words, right now sight words, and the laminate is dry erasable so I can change it all out on a whim. This so far has played out well.


And this which I thought was my own super brilliant idea turns out to be an idea that is all over the internets. Even though I thought I was original I am still glad I thought of it even if I wasn't the first. Laminated all of the candy land cards rendering them dry erase marker friendly and now this changes up the game. If they draw a card and know the word instantly they get an extra turn. If they don't they have to spell and sound it out and they only get one turn. This has proven to be crazy successful with both kids. I am glad they are picking it up faster and I am also glad pre kinder-minion gets excited about playing. Sometimes I think I like to surprise myself. Plus I am also glad that now that they have been laminated I don't have to worry about the cards getting bent or tearing. It is a WinWin. And like the bingo cards, I can change at any time the words to math or whatever other subject I like.

It was indeed a successful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment