Saturday, August 20, 2016

1st week of school and strep throat.

So i made lunch for a total of 3 days. 1st day half day, they fed my minion Chic Fila. Awesome. @nd Day, he ate everything except maybe an ounce of his thermos of homemade spaghetti Oh's and was still hungry. So his first week turned out to be a day and a half. That makes me soo sad. So obviously instead of blogging during this time I have spent it will the sick one. Thankfully he is on the mend though he is still not at 100%. I am just hoping he is well enough before end of tomorrow so that he can return to school on Monday. I did take photos of the 2 other days he did go to school though.

  Day 2. I packed for him his favorite Homemade spaghetti Oh's. Sometimes he even helps me shape the Oh's, that take forever doing by hand but they are a nice mindless activity to do while watching television. I like to make them as thin as i can get. Sauce has cottage cheese, ground beef, spinach, zucchini, squash and mushrooms. In his Zoli Sumo, I used 3 tiers. 2 for lunch and one for his snack. 1st tier had green and black olives from the deli, snap peas and cherry tomatoes, the 2nd tier had pitted cherries and his snack or 3rd tier had boiled eggs, ham rolls and cheese chunks and the tiny pink tupperware under the egg was filled with crunchy shriracha peas. In his thermos i used a Reduce thermal insulated jar for his pasta.






I love his Zoli Sumo. Honestly I had thought I would get rid of some of the things i had gotten for them both when they were babies. But happily I have found that many things I purchased are still proving thier usefulness to me. They are great for snack or mini meals when stacking them up. The thermos I got at Krogers on visit to my mom's house and found them on sale for $5 each.

I was also super excited he had an awesome 1st full day of school and the teacher sent him home with a note.



On Wednesday before he was sent home I packed him leftovers in his Planetbox. and snack in one of his Zoli tiers. Sesame and Soysauce steamed edamame, Meatballs and cheddar, Blueberries and strawberries, leftover stir fried rice triangles and hearts with soy sauce fish bottles and for dessrt was a homemade BigRed (soda flavor) gummy bear and a mint chocolate date ball.

for his snack he had a boiled egg car and cheese stick with a side of mixed dried fruit and nuts (walnuts, almonds, pepitas dried cranberries, blueberries and raisons)

this all came home with him because he was sick. He ate some of it but the strep was already starting to really bother his throat. Hopefully next week he can go the whole time and feel much better. He is missing the whole getting to know you and your school week of the school. I haste when my baby is sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment