Friday, August 12, 2016

I am happy to be back home. Now that we have visited most of my family and hubbys, I can get back on track. I have not made anything special for lunches but I have been doing quite the overhall on getting everything organized and still waiting on an item or 2 to come in the mail I believe on the 2nd day of school. Looking through old photos I have also found that i have lunch boxes and supplies that I dont even remember getting but sure enough i have photos of them with meals i made for my minions so I have been questing questing questing, looking for that box. I was happy to have found 2 of them so I am excited to get to use some of them now that school is underway. 

Before I left my parents house in WV I did find a few new gadgets in the reduced rack at a kitchen store so that was exciting and I cant wait to use them as well. Here is one of them.
 Bananas, homemade yogurt, grapes, cherry tomatoes and peanut butter jelly in a push pop mold.

ice sphere mold made with mexican rompope gelatin. (visual fail)

SO i got 4 push pop molds for $1 and i found a sphere mold to make giant ice cubes, or raindrop cakes. you should totally google that if you don't know what it is though i do plan to make them since i found said molds. The first thing i did was try to make jello to see how easy it is to release. It releases very well. However at the top of the mold are little holes so that you can use the funnel to insert to fill the spheres when the case closes. Note: avoid using flesh colored jello. We could not stop laughing. They are oh so jiggly...

i don't have a photo of the snack cases but I will once i make something for them. I cant believe just 2 more days till the 1st day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment