Saturday, August 6, 2016

Starting Fresh

     Today is a new Day. It has been a very long time since I have sat in front of the computer to blog. I do find that I have missed it. My little minions were possible only new arrivals and now my oldest will be starting kinder in a few weeks and I am overjoyed with the extra time I will not only have for myself but also for also to spend with my daughter.
my Pre mini-minion
   
     With the buzz and excitement going around my son getting ready to start school, this has presented all sorts of "challenges". The biggest one being I am not a morning person. I have been spoiled in the fact that my son is also not really a morning person and that he would happily stay up till 9 and wake up at 10 in the morning each day. I was all to eager to let him. So trying to get him to bed earlier and all of us waking up early has been, well...lets just say, we are still trying. I am determined to have all of us in a routine, a healthy one. So i sadly wave goodbye to my late mornings and my 3 am bedtimes for myself. Moving onward.
my kinder-minion

     For the fun part now. For those who know me know I am a foodie and my husband is a converted foodie. I love to cook, I love to eat, I love love love to travel and taste food and eat and learn to make even more delights. I think while this blog will likely cover everything from daily life so that I can have something to look back on, to my love and joy of crafting. I have a feeling when all is said and done this will be mostly a blog on food and our travels for it. While searching for ideas for school lunches for my son and starting school. I was reminded of my love of collecting lunch boxes and set,  about to researching the boxes I already own (some since I was little) and new ones. I found I had trouble finding alot of inspiration. Yes I was able to find some pretty amazing blogs that helped greatly, but not for specific boxes. This clicked the light bulb in my head that I used to do fancy fun lunches for a long time and I really enjoyed doing it. Why not kill some birds and do some reviews on boxes I already have. And post photos of lovely ideas for them.

     If it can help one person make a decision then I am ok with that. If anyone wants to leave tips or ideas I am definitely ok with that. And I can save one person from "wasting" their money on something that simply does not do what they want it to do Then HOORAY for saving money. Here are some photos I had taken 3 years ago when I was taking pics for my then almost 2 year old and lunches for me. I will also include some photos of things i use that are not a lunch box and food ideas i used for myself that may be helpful. especially for varying appetites and how long lunch or food needs to last. I am interested in how I will vary and make alterations since my son is my picky eater while my daughter is my garbage disposal and I cant thing of anything at the moment that she wont eat. My son does not like sauces or dips or dressings. It has only been very recent we have gotten him to taste and eat ketchup. Sometimes we forget and that makes it hard when we have some things like casseroles or slaws or dressed pastas and salads. Though I am grateful he does spaghetti ok. Things have changed a bit since he was two.

These are a few of his old lunches:


This is not even a lunch box, this I found in tackle fishing section at Walmart for about $4, You could also use a bead sorter container as long as it has movable slots to make it the size you want. This was spiced apple slices with stevia, the middle was the snack section with a chocolate truffle, almonds and a couple orange esscence prunes. Peanut butter jelly sandwhich slices, cucumber and radish salad, cheese chunk, snow peas.



boiled egg and cheese, watermelon grapes, rolled peanut butter jelly, "baby cabbage" or brussels sprouts, carrot stars. Plates from Target.



Planet Box lunch box, Fish cakes with sour cream and guac for dip, mixed fruit with cream cheese. boiled eggs, steamed broccoli and purple cabbage, roasted radish and purple potato carrot, asparagus and corn on the cob. 



segmented oranges, grapes (uvas) feremented carrots and steamed sesame snow peas,
lemon orzo with roasted veggies and tomato and seaweed rolls. this whole meal was to use up leftovers in the fridge. Plate is Mothers Corn baby made from recycled corn.



Kangovou plate with grilled cheese and roasted red pepper hummus hearts,
grapes and strawberries, veggie chips and homemade coconut dates




Tovolo extra large ice cube tray, serving cheese sticks, snap pea chips, turkey and Roni roll ups, strawberry and orange with olives



     These are just a few that I have found I saved photos from. I will be doing reviews of all the ones I have posted as well as the ones I have not yet posted. Stay tuned and I hope to here from you all soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment