Friday, August 26, 2016

My Son the Baker


Today I would have to say was a good day despite not being able to breathe most of the day. kinder-minion had a great day at school. They had a fundraiser at our school to raise money for a playground since the school just had the ribbon cutting ceremony for the new school 3 weeks ago they are still working on the outside for now. Their goal was to hit 15,000 and they raised 20,000 so that is huge. He had fun running laps plus it wore him out and I am always a huge fan of that. Even better is since school has started we have moved from a 2+hour pickup (school is drop off and pick up only since there are no buses) to about 20ish minutes and that's awesome.

Lunch today was another make it yourself meal which he seems to totally love. I honestly think it is just the idea he has control over what and how he wants to eat his lunch. The only think he came home with was his cucumbers and broccoli which he ate in the car ride home. And his Apple the second we walked in the house.


Lunch: 3 mini pizza crusts, squeeze bottle of pizza sauce, shredded cheese, green and black olive slices, pepperoni, cucumbers, broccoli, grapes and blueberries and strawberries and for snack an apple and 3 small cookies we made at home. 

Because I got a lot accomplished at home and I have a few plans for some design ideas for soap I had the idea of practicing with my piping tips. Rather than just piping icing or wasting fresh soap batter, I decided to make meringues and to make kinder-minion help by showing him how it's done. He picked his colors and I mixed and showed him how to color the bag. I showed him how to pipe 2 and he did the rest. He did such a great job. I was so proud of him. I just had to keep reminding him to slow down. When he worked slow his cookies came out perfect. I was impressed. Others came out crazy wonkey which made him laugh which was hysterical.  Before he even knew we were going to be baking cookies today he said after his book when he got home he wanted to watch the kids baking cook off show. A boy after my own heart. :) I got to practice of my piping which came out just ok. But the tip I wanted to use just didn't work with this medium. So back to square one. The flavor he picked was strawberry but I think they taste like cotton candy. What better way to blend that strawberry flavor than using chocolate though yum! Tomorrow he want to sandwich his with lemon curd for strawberry lemon meringue cookies. This boy has some great tastes! He picked all his colors too for a Rainbow Dash cookie. His sister is gonna love the my little pony bites. It indeed was a great day and I am looking forward to the last day of school week tomorrow.


 I have to say, when he was paying attention he was spot on. But his giggles on the blobs we the best thing on making these!

Tiny Strawberry Rainbow Dash Meringues


Seriously!?! how perfect did some of these get?

How do I heart my Kinder-Minion, let me count the ways...

 Practicing my piping, just with the wrong tip :(


 Despite my original tip I had planned to practice with not working I at least got to practice with this one and I don't think they turned out half bad.


Especially when sandwiched with CHOCOLATE ganache!

No comments:

Post a Comment