Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Minion Mayhem

The begining of this school year has been a joyride for sure. My son has missed both Monday and Tuesday of this week to being sick. Which he was pretty much all weekend. I am not amused. I am however glad he is now feeling well and we can continue with our normally scheduled program.

So with Kinder-Minion making cookies he wanted to be sure to take them in his lunch so we had to make that happen. Instead of making something planned we went with leftovers and tamagoyaki minions which are really nothing more than a simply flavored super duper thin egg omelet that has been rolled tightly in an oval shape and then sliced into ovals. The stir fried cauli rice and beef was season in mexican rice flavors, cumin and black pepper and salt and a pinch of oregano and fried up with beef. Which of course requires ketchup. In the center there are a few gummy hearts and i large gummy bear that i made with beef gelatin and some syrup for making big red zero. and last but not least his fruit which was green and black olives.  Thankfully everything came home empty this day.


Raspberry Rainbow Dash meringues, carrots sticks, ketchup squeezy, home made Big Red Zero flavored gummies, black and green grapes, Tamagoyaki minions with ham, seaweed and cheese face, and cali-rice and beef stir fry in  a planet box.

the mouths show up better with seaweed than with ham

Tools used:Rover  Planet box which i ordered on at a super discount from pottery barn kids when a pattern was discontinued and i actually got one for my daughter as well when i found one on ebay that i won for about $15. i think I got both of them together for about $35 total. Sometimes it pays to bargain hunt in this case. The squeezy for the ketchup is actually one of my awesome finds and I find I am using these constantly anymore as they are good for so many things. I got a set of 3 from World Market which has 1 red, 1 yellow, and one clear for about $2 and I believe i found a set of all clear from walmart for about the same or maybe a dollar more.  I have used them more often than not for peanut butter and jelly which allows both of my kids to make their own sandwiches without help. Or to make cracker sandwiches. i have them filled with, ketchup, pizza or spaghetti sauce, lemon curd, SF chocolate frosting or chocolate nut butter, SF syrup for pancakes, for my daughter mayo or mustard since my doesn't like them. They have allowed my kids to be alittle more independent, and less messy while doing it. Plus it is fun for them so that makes it easier for me on so many fronts. I like not having to make for them sometimes and since i keep them filled in my fridge in the "butter" dish they can fend for themselves and it buys me a few more minutes in the morning of sleep time. I can't recommend them enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment